Minneapolis Deck Builder
Looking for a Minneapolis deck builder? Outdoor living spaces are one of our specialties. Building decks like a tank in particular. We build all types of decks. Attached decks, detached decks, multilevel decks, arbors, and rooftop decks. If it’s replacing a pre-existing deck, or fabricating a brand new one. You can rest assured that we will give you the new deck or patio of your dreams. Need some inspiration? Take a look at some of our deck construction work.
Minneapolis Deck Construction
As a Minneapolis deck builder we’re asked to build decks of all shapes and sizes in Minneapolis. From ground level patio decks to large multi level decks. Contact us for any style of deck on your home. Our expertise and exemplary attention to details to all projects. Is what we’re known for. Choose our decks for the function and beauty. Minneapolis deck construction that’s built to last. To do this we go beyond many Minneapolis deck and local building codes.
- If MN Deck code requires the use of nails for example. We use industrial strength bolts, brackets and locking screws. Giving maximum pull out value and shear strength on your deck beams and floor joists.
- We like to oversize our footing posts and beams. Giving your deck the integrity of a tank. With the look and feel of a timber framed structure.
Options for over-sized cement footings are available. This can assure you that your deck will be straight and level for years to come.
- All the lumber and decking used to build your new deck is hand picked by us. we choose your lumber for lasting beauty and structural integrity. Giving your deck another step above the rest.
- Use of hidden fasteners on your decking highlights the beauty of your decking. Hidden fasteners help lengthen the life of your decking material.
Minneapolis Deck Repairs
A deck at times needs repairs to get it back it’s original beauty and strength. Whether your deck needs footing repair, new deck handrails installed or new decking. We can help. At times the framing under a deck is in good shape or repairable. If the framing and footings are good we can do a re-deck.. Re- decking will give your existing deck a like new appearance. While using your existing framing and footings at a fraction of the cost. As a Minneapolis deck builder we can change your wood deck to a maintenance free deck. We can replace cracked decking and rotted posts. We can replace a deck staircase or add a staircase. Big savings in deck improvements using your existing footings and structure. For Minneapolis deck repair and re decking call on us.
Deck Restoration In Minneapolis
Wood decks are beautiful, every piece of wood has its own character and markings. This character highlights the beauty of a deck. Though wood decks are prone to wood rot over time. Decking cracks and splits with changes in season. It is common for a wood deck to have mildew growth if built under certain trees. Unlike composite (maintenance free) decks, most wood decks need conditioning. To condition a deck you need to treat it with a chemical. Deck stain and water sealer are the most common. When deck stain is applied it needs treatment every 2-3 years. A wood deck needs maintenance from day one. If a wood deck gets cared for it will look great and last for years. The natural beauty of a wood deck is unmatched by composite decking. The two biggest causes of deck degradation are water and UV sunlight. At VanVleet Construction we use a three step process for deck restorations.
- Deck Repairs.- We replace any loose, damaged or rotted decking boards, handrails and posts.
- Deck Conditioning.- We condition your deck by cleaning it with a wood conditioner. Than apply wood brightener to allow your decks wood pores to accept stain.
- Deck Staining.- We use high quality UV resistant deck stains to protect your wood deck. This brings life and beauty back to your outdoor living space.
Don’t trust your backyard to anyone else. CONTACT the deck builders and restorers at Van Vleet Construction today!